Saturday, March 27, 2010

brush your grey wings on my head

I seem to have been posting a lot of artists recently which can be blamed on the current classes I am taking haha. But it's enjoyed, i promise! Anyways, during my painting class we had to do presentations on artists that inspired us and our work. One of them was on Kelly Smith, who is an illustrator hailing from Australia. She graduated with a BFA (what I am currently in the works of attaining) and now does freelance portrait and fashion illustrations. Her drawings are so beautiful! The detail that she captures in such a light and seemingly effortless way is complimented wonderfully by the graphic depiction of garments worn by her figures, and the subtle washes of ink that are present in her work. Basically, I love it.






No comments:

Post a Comment